Several years ago, I attended a conference for A Course in Miracles. One of the presenters said something that has stayed with me ever since.
When we get up in the morning, she said, we take a lot of time to shower, do our hair, brush our teeth, apply makeup and pick out what to wear. Only when we make sure we look “right” do we walk out the door.
But how much time do we give every morning to making our thoughts right? How much effort do we put into arriving at what A Course in Miracles calls “right-mindedness”—a place of peace that comes from love rather than fear?
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a pretty good hair day but a not-so-great attitude. Or I’ve left the house carrying my purse and To Do list, but no gratitude or peace.
The great thing is, getting to a place of right-mindedness doesn’t have to be hard or time-consuming.
This week, when you wake up, when you’re brushing your teeth and/or as you walk out the door, ask for your fear-based thoughts to be healed.
Here are some possibilities:
- Please heal my fear-based thoughts so I can fully experience the gifts of this day.
- Please heal my fear-based thoughts about my schedule so I can be relaxed and present as the day unfolds.
- Please heal my fear-based thoughts so I can experience abundance today.
- Please heal my fear-based thoughts so I can see the beauty all around me.
- Please heal my fear-based thoughts so I can give and receive kindness and compassion through the day.
Enjoy your “right-mindedness,” and have a fear-less week!