NEW DATE TBA!
Don’t Miss Success Secrets for Speakers and Authors
Have you ever dreamed of writing a book and sharing your message?
Maybe you’ve seen speakers at corporate events and thought, “I could do better than that.”
Or maybe you’ve looked at the economy and decided it wouldn’t hurt to have a sideline or second career.
Whatever your motivation, one thing is clear: This is your time.
• On any given day, there are thousands of paid speaking opportunities across the United States.
• A survey conducted by the National Speakers Association using 2006 figures showed that members received an average of $3,800 per speech. Nearly half earned between $2,000 and $5,000. (The rest made in excess of $5,000 per speech.)
• Speakers who have published a book stand to make hundreds or even thousands more in back-of-the-room sales each time they speak.
So how do you get started as a paid professional speaker and author?
As with any business, you have to do it right.
That’s why we’re offering the first Success Secrets for Speakers and Authors two-day workshop DATE TBA.
We’ll help you avoid the pitfalls, saving you time and potentially thousands of dollars. This is a chance to learn priceless tips from experts and get started on your own path to success.
For the first time, we’re offering two days of information and training so you can get the information you need in a single weekend.
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This day is packed with information from the best of the best. Here are a few of the topics we’ll cover to help launch your speaking career.
- How do you set up your business as a speaker and author?
- What three items are essential before you can start marketing yourself as a speaker?
- How and where do you get bookings?
- What kind of support do you need to launch your speaking career, and where do you find it?
- How does the speaking industry work?
- What do you need to know to go from speaking as a hobby to speaking as a paid professional?
- How do you turn your background, expertise and personal story into a brand?
- How do you make a first impression that sells?
- What steps will improve your image and keep meeting planners coming back?
- How can you turn your speaking skills into other streams of revenue?
- How do you create a demonstration video that sells?
- What are the three things you MUST know to get repeat bookings?
- How do you develop presentation topics that will connect with your audience?
- What are meeting planners looking for…and how do you give them what they want?
And as a special feature, we’re offering a roundtable discussion with leaders in the speaking industry, including people like …
- Sherill Whisenand, who guided Tony Robbins’ career
- Sal Salgado, image expert
- Joan Johanson, who has decades of experience on the speaking circuit.
Learn the top secrets to developing revenue strategies that work. The tips you learn in this session alone will MORE than pay for the entire weekend
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Nothing ensures your success as a speaker more than a published book. Not only does a book boost your credibility and make it easier to get bookings, it also increases your earnings through back-of-the-room sales.
Writing and publishing a book may sound complicated, but we’ll make it easy. We’ll spend the morning talking about the basics of book publishing. Then, in the afternoon, a workshop format will move you along by light years on your book project. Whether you’re just identifying a theme or you’ve got the book largely written, we’ll work with your project to take you to the next steps.
Here are just a few of the things we’ll cover:
- How do you develop your message into a book-length project?
- How do you organize your book and write it for your target audience?
- What sells better? Short books or long?
- How can you publish a book with the least amount of writing time?
- How do get your book edited and ready to publish?
- How do you come up with a title that sells?
- What publishing options are available, and how do you choose which one is right for you?
- How do you price your book for back-of-the-room sales?
- How can you negotiate bulk sales to bring in more money from each speaking contract?
If you’ve wanted to make the leap as a speaker and author but haven’t known how to start—or if you’re already a speaker/author but want to enhance your revenue—this weekend is for you.
Look at the lineup of presenters!
Richard Rowe. A speaker, author and consultant, Richard served more than 20 years in the U.S. Navy. He has studied leadership among entry-level military personnel, noted government leaders and religious leaders throughout the world. This knowledge has given him invaluable insight into human behavior, which he now shares through his dynamic presentations. Learn more at richardrowespeaks.com.
Debra Engle. Author of Grace from the Garden: Changing the World One Garden at a Time (Rodale) and contributor to several other books, Deb has worked in publishing her entire career. A speaker and facilitator, she is co-founder of a women’s program of personal and spiritual growth. In addition, Deb owns GoldenTree Commmunications, which provides complete writing, editing and publishing services.
Justin Smith. After earning his degree in Entertainment Business, Justin started Kallisto Video Productions, an emerging multi-media company in Des Moines, Iowa. Kallisto specializes in internet marketing, social media and live events. Justin has created videos for such companies as Toro Motors, The Komen Foundation: Race for the Cure, and First Assembly of God church. He also works with keynote speakers, creating demo reels and event overviews. Justin also works part-time as a photojournalist for KCCI-TV.
Sal Salgado. Sal Salgado is a popular image consultant, television personality, continuing education facilitator, counselor and speaker. For eight years, he was featured weekly on daytime TV in a New You makeover segment. His presentations combine practical tips on building image, self-confidence and self-worth. And thanks to his A.R.T. (Awareness, Release, Transformation) program, his presentations help everyone look and feel their best for greater success.
Joan Johanson. Often described as Iowa’s Erma Bombeck, Joan has entertained audiences for three decades. A humorist, motivational speaker and trainer, she has given thousands of presentations in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The consummate speaker, she is an expert at educating, inspiring—and one of the most powerful speaking techniques of all—making people laugh.
Sherill Whisenand. A former publicist at ABC-TV’s Good Morning America in New York, Sherill worked as an associate producer for Dr. Laura and a call screener for the Rush Limbaugh Show, among other programs for the Clear Channel Worldwide radio network. She also has served as executive aide for media relations for famed Peak Performance coach Anthony Robbins. As the owner of Wise Connections LLC and Medialink Worldwide, Inc., she books guests on national and international television, radio and internet programming as well as key stages and arenas.
Angela Cox-Weston. As the president of Midwest Speakers Bureau, Angela represents more than 2,500 speakers. With integrity, attention to detail and exceptional personal service, she matches the right speaker with meeting planners’ needs for corporate trainings, conferences and other events.
If you want to make money as a speaker and author, NOW is the time. Don’t wait another day to start…and don’t miss a weekend that will save you time and money by providing shortcuts, resources, support and secrets from the pros. Sign up for Success Secrets for Speakers and Authors today!
William Penn University’s College for Working Adults
6000 Westown Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
Click here for a map
$157 if you register before DATE TBA. After that date, the fee goes up to $177. The fee covers both days and includes a DVD recording of the entire weekend. Lunch both days is on your own.
Pre-order the DVD of the weekend now and save! The DVD set will include the entire weekend of presentations. We’ll ship it to you a few days after the event is over, so you won’t miss out on all the success secrets.
Order the DVD of the weekend before DATE TBA at the special price of $87 (plus S&H). After that, the price goes up to $127. Order now!
This workshop is presented by Richard Rowe Enterprises, GoldenTree Communications and Kallisto Video Productions.